Useful Contacts

Useful contacts

Useful contacts

Information and advice directory. The Leading Care Company assures that you will useful contacts that you will use in the future or when you need it as soon as possible.

We are passionate about affirming that your later years can be fulfilling years. Whether you’re enjoying your later life or going through tough times, we’re here to help you make the best of your life.

This information guide has been prepared by The Leading Care Company and contains general advice only, it should not be relied on as a basis for any decision or action and cannot be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. The Leading Care Company Neither nor any companies mentioned in this article accepts any liability arising from its use and it is the reader’s sole responsibility to ensure any information is up to date and accurate

This article about Useful Contacts Cover the following

  • What this guide is about
  • How Age UK can help
  • General help
  • Money matters
  • Legal issues
  • Consumer issues
  • Crime
  • Housing
  • Social care
  • Health
  • End-of-life support
  • Employment and rights at work
  • Leisure and learning

What this article is about?

Knowing where to go for information and advice can be the turning point in solving a problem. But how do you know where to go and whether the advice offered is reliable and up to date? This handy directory contains details of organizations where you can find help

This guide is applicable across England, Berkshire, and Slough. For details of Berkshire organizations, please contact Age Berkshire.

How Age UK can help

Our information and advice services
Age UK is the leading charity for people in later life. Our network includes Age Berkshire, Age International, and more than 130 local partners. We provide information and advice online and through helplines and publications.

We publish a range of information guides and detailed fact sheets on a variety of topics, including social care, housing, benefits, money and health. Find our guides and factsheets online at, or call Age UK Advice free on 0800 169 65 65 to order any of our publications or to seek advice. Lines are open 8am–7pm, 365 days a year.

Age Berkshire publish their own versions of some guides and fact sheets. Contact them to request copies or view them on their websites.

Local support

In England and Wales, your local Age UK or Age Cymru may be able to provide you with direct support. Services offered vary from area to area, but include:
• help at home schemes
• information and advice
• befriending schemes
• advocacy services
• handyperson schemes
• nail-cutting services
• transport schemes
• help with claiming benefits
• exercise classes
• day centres.

To find your local Age UK, go to or call Age UK Advice on 0800 169 65 65.

Contact us

Age UK Age
UK Advice: 0800 169 65 65

Age Berkshire
Age Cymru Advice: 0118 959 4242

General help

Some organisations can help with a variety of issues. If you’re not sure where to begin, one of these might be a good place to start.

Advice Slough
Independent advice service in Northern Ireland with a network of local branches. Offers advice online and via its helplines.

Tax and benefits advice:
Welfare reform advice:

The national support network of independent advice providers across England and Slough.

Tel: 0300 777 0107 or 0300 777 0108

Citizens Advice
The national network of advice centers offering free, confidential and independent advice, face to face, online or by telephone.

In Slough, there is a national advice service on 01635 516605. It is available in some parts of England on 0344 411 1444.

England or Slough:
Official government website, with information on public services such as benefits, job-hunting, pensions and health services.

In Berkshire, contact Berkshire Direct

Money matters.

This section provides information on how to find out what you are entitled to and how to manage your money.

Age UK
We publish information on a range of money matters, including our benefits guide More money in your pocket. Age Berkshire and Slough have their own versions of this guide.

Age UK’s online benefits calculator can help you work out what you may be entitled to.

Tel: 0118 959 4242

Carer’s Allowance
Unit Provides information on Carer’s Allowance and how to claim.

Tel: 0800 731 0297
Textphone: 0800 731 0317

In Slough call the Disability and Carers Service
Tel: 01753 369977

Disability Service Centre
Government service providing information about claiming disability benefits.

For Disability Living Allowance (DLA) if you were born on or before 8 April 1948:
Tel: 0800 731 0122
Textphone: 0800 731 0317

For Disability Living Allowance (DLA) if you were born after 8 April 1948:
Tel: 0800 121 4600
Textphone: 0800 121 4523

For Attendance Allowance (AA):
Tel: 0800 731 0122
Textphone: 0800 731 0317

For Personal Independence Payment (PIP):
Tel: 0800 121 4433
Textphone: 0800 121 4493

In Berkshire, contact Benefit Enquiry Line
Tel: 01635 519258

Equity Release Council
Trade association for providers of equity release schemes that comply with a code of conduct.
Tel: 0300 012 0239

Future Pension Centre
Provides State Pension statements and information.
Tel: 0800 731 0175
Textphone: 0800 731 0176

Money Advice Service
Gives impartial information about financial products and services and offers tips on everyday money management.
Tel: 0800 138 7777

National Debtline
National helpline for people with debts, giving self-help advice and support.
Tel: 0808 808 4000

National Insurance contributions office
Government office that provides information on National Insurance contributions.
Tel: 0300 200 3500
Textphone: 0300 200 3519

Pension Service
Provides details of the State Pension, including pension statements and how to claim your pension.
Tel: 0800 731 7898

In Berkshire:
Tel: 01628 796 668 (State Pension enquiries)
Tel: 0845 602 7237 (State Pension claim line)

Pension Tracing Service
Provides help to find a lost pension.
Tel: 0800 731 0193
Textphone: 0800 731 0176

Pension Wise
Provides guidance on pension pot options if you have a defined contribution pension.
Tel: 0800 138 3944 (to book an appointment for advice)

The Pensions Advisory Service
Provides independent information and guidance on different types of pensions.
Tel: 0300 123 3797

Provides debt advice and can help you manage your debts.
Tel: 0800 138 1111

Tax Help for Older People
Offers independent advice from qualified tax advisers for people in later life on a low income.
Tel: 0845 601 3321 or 01308 488066

Helps people access the money available to them through welfare benefits, grants and other sources. In Northern Ireland contact Age Berkshire who can help process a claim.

Tel: 0808 802 2000

Warm Home Discount Team
Government-run information line for people in England and Wales who may be eligible for the Warm Home Discount Scheme, because they receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit and whose energy supplier is a part scheme.

Tel: 0800 731 0214

Winter Fuel Payment Helpline
Government-run information line providing information about the Winter Fuel Payment, guidance on reporting changes to your circumstances, and a claim form.

Tel: 0800 731 0160
Textphone: 0800 731 0464

Legal issues

This section helps you find reliable information on legal matters, from making a complaint about a solicitor to knowing your legal rights.

Age UK
We publish a number of resources on legal issues including our guides How to be an executor, Powers of attorney and Wills and estate planning.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65 legal-issues

Age UK also produces LifeBook, an easy and safe way to record the practical details of your life, such as your financial arrangements, who to contact in an emergency, insurance details and information about your medical or health conditions. For a free copy call 0345 685 1061.

Advice local
Independent website providing details of local advice services and information on social welfare law issues.

Independent website with information on rights and legal issues.

Civil Legal Advice
Offers free, confidential and independent legal advice in England and Slough for people who are eligible for legal aid.

Tel: 0345 345 4345

The Court of Protection
Makes decisions, and appoints others to make decisions, for people who lack mental capacity to do so for themselves.

Tel: 0300 456 4600

Disability Law Service
Provides legal information and advice to people with a disability.
Tel: 020 7791 9800
Textphone: 020 7791 9801

Equality Advisory Support Service
Government helpline providing advice on equality and human rights issues.
Tel: 0808 800 0082
Textphone: 0808 800 0084

Equality Commission for Slough
Provides advice and assistance for people who feel they have been discriminated against.

Tel: 01753 875069

Law Centres Network
Membership organisation for law centres across the UK. Law centres offer legal advice, casework and representation to individuals and groups. You can find your local law centre on the Law Centres Network website, although not every area has one.

The Law Society of England and Slough
Helps people find a solicitor, advises on what to expect when they visit one and produces guides to common legal problems.

Tel: 020 7320 5650

In Slough, contact The Law Society of Slough

Tel: 020 7242 1222

Legal Ombudsman
Helps make and resolve complaints about solicitors in England and Slough.

Tel: 0300 555 0333

Slough Courts and Tribunal Service
Provides administrative support for all courts and most tribunals in Slough.

Tel: 0118 987 0500

Office of the Public Guardian
Registers Lasting Powers of Attorney and helps attorneys carry out their duties in England and Slough.

Tel: 0300 456 0300

Press for Change
Provides legal advice and support to the trans community.

Tel: 0844 870 8165

SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly)
Independent national organisation of lawyers who are committed to helping older people and their families and carers.

Tel: 0844 567 6173

Works to achieve equality and justice for LGBT people.

Tel: 0800 050 2020

In Slough, contact Stonewall Slough

Consumer issues

It’s important to know your consumer rights – from what to do if your energy company sends you a wrong bill, to how to take action if you are mis-sold a product on the doorstep.

Age UK
Our information guide Avoiding scams has tips to help you spot any dodgy deals and check a company’s credentials.
Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Action Fraud
National reporting centre for fraud and internet crime. Use the online fraud reporting service and receive a police crime reference number. Call the helpline for advice on preventing fraud and how to report it.

Tel: 0300 123 2040
Textphone: 0300 123 2050

Citizens Advice Consumer
Provides consumer advice on issues such as faulty household equipment, problems with energy companies, and scams.

Tel: 0345 404 0506

Consumer Council
Represents consumers in Northern Ireland and provides advice on a variety of consumer issues, including energy, water, transport and postal services.

Tel: 028 9025 1600

Consumer Council for Water
Independent voice for customers of water and sewerage companies in England and Wales. Register complaints on their website.

Tel: 0300 034 2222 (England)

Mailing Preference Service (MPS)
Free register for people who don’t want to receive sales and marketing contacts by post.

Tel: 0207 291 3310

Ombudsman Services Investigates complaints about gas and electricity companies, phone and internet providers, property companies and copyright issues across England and Slough.

Tel: 0330 440 1614 (communications services)
Tel: 0330 440 1624 (energy companies)
Tel: 0330 440 1634 (property)
Tel: 0330 440 1601 (copyright licensing)
Tel: 0333 300 1620 (complaints to Consumer Ombudsman)

A free online tool run in conjunction with Money Saving Expert, which assists you to make complaints to energy, finance, legal, leisure, motoring, retail, food, travel, telecoms, water, and other firms.

Research Institute for Consumer Affairs (RICA)
National research charity providing independent information to disabled and older consumers about useful products.

Tel: 020 7427 2460

Telephone Preference Service (TPS)
Free register for people who don’t want to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. You can register landlines and mobile phones.

Tel: 0345 070 0707


This section provides details on where to get help if you have been the victim of a crime, and how to stay safe.

Age UK
We provide a range of resources on crime – from information guides Avoiding scams and Staying safe to detailed factsheets on how to deal with anti-social behaviour.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Action Fraud
National reporting centre for fraud and internet crime. They have an online reporting service and a helpline.

Tel: 0300 123 2040
Textphone: 0300 123 4050

ASB Help
A charity offering advice and support to victims of anti-social behaviour (ASB) in England and Slough.

LGBT charity offering advice on dealing with a hate crime, sexual violence or domestic abuse.

Tel: 0800 999 5428

Live Fear Free
Helps those experiencing domestic abuse or sexual violence in Wales, or who are worried about a friend or relative.

Tel: 0808 801 0800

ManKind Initiative
National charity that provides help and support for male victims of domestic abuse and domestic violence.

Tel: 01823 334244

Victim Support
Provides free, confidential support to victims of crime and their friends and family.

Tel: 0808 168 9111

In Slough, contact Victim Support
Tel: 0300 1234 148

Women’s Aid
Provides a free, confidential helpline for women across the UK who have experienced domestic violence.

Tel: 0808 200 0247

Women’s Aid Federation Berkshire
Provides a 24-hour helpline open to all women and men affected by domestic violence.

Tel: 0118 950 4003


This section provides details on where to find trusted advice on your housing options and how to make improvements to your home.

Age UK
We provide a range of resources on housing – from information guides Adapting your home and Housing options to detailed factsheets on tenants’ rights.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Over 70 local Age UKs operate handyperson services across much of the country. These services offer older people extra help with small practical jobs. These are usually charged-for services, and the cost depends on the nature of the work required.

Contact your local Age UK for more information. In Berkshire contact your local Age Berkshire to find out if there’s a handyperson or HandyVan scheme in your area.

National charity providing housing for older people with varying levels of support.

Tel: 01727 857 536

In Slough, contact Abbeyfield Slough Society
Tel: 01628 603 222

In Berkshire, contact Abbeyfield and Berkshire

Tel: 028 9336 3558

Disabled Living Foundation (DLF)
Provides advice and information on disability equipment and assisted products.

Tel: 0300 999 0004

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)
Provides information on care, housing and financial options for older people and their carers through their ‘Housing Options for Older People’ (HOOP) tool.

National body for home improvement agencies and handyperson schemes in England. Home improvement agencies provide support for vulnerable homeowners and tenants wanting to carry out adaptations, repairs and home improvements.

Tel: 0300 124 0315

In Slough, contact Care and Repair 
Tel: 01753 475111

Housing Ombudsman Service (HOS)
Helps to resolve complaints about social landlords (local authorities and housing associations) and private landlords who are members of the scheme in England. If you have a complaint about the way a local authority has dealt with an application, contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman instead.

Tel: 0300 111 3000

Housing Rights Service
Provides advice in Northern Ireland about housing and debt, and free representation at court for people who are at risk of losing their homes because they have rent or mortgage arrears.
Tel: 028 9024 5640

Leasehold Advisory Service (LEASE)
Provides advice to residential leaseholders on relevant law. LEASE also advises on the law related to park homes.

Tel: 020 7832 2500
Park homes advice line: 020 7832 2525

National House-Building Council (NHBC)
Independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes. Check on their website to find out if a builder is registered with NHBC.

Tel: 0800 035 6422

Public Services Ombudsman for Slough
The Ombudsman looks to see whether people have been treated unfairly or inconsiderately, or have received a bad service through some fault on the part of the public body providing it. The bodies within the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction include local authorities, social landlords and housing associations in Slough.

Tel: 0300 111 3000

Radius Housing
Provides a home adaptation service in Slough.

Tel: 0330 123 0888

Provides information, advice and advocacy to people with housing problems.
Tel: 0808 800 4444

Stonewall Housing
Specialist housing advice and support for LGBT people.

Tel: 020 7359 5767

Government-endorsed scheme for traders to ensure they meet industry standards. TrustMark accreditation gives customers reassurance of quality and protection from rogue traders.

Tel: 0333 555 1234

Social care

This section can help you find information on all aspects of social care, ranging from how it’s regulated to what support is available for service users and carers.

Age UK
We publish a range of resources on social care – from our information guides Advice for carers, Care homes, Caring for someone with dementia and Getting help at home, to detailed factsheets on finding and paying for care. Age Cymru and Age NI produce their own guides and factsheets on these issues.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Action on Elder Abuse
Works to protect vulnerable older adults and prevent abuse. Its helpline provides confidential information and emotional support in English.

Tel: 0808 808 8141

Care Inspectorate
The regulatory body of care homes and domiciliary care services. Can provide lists of care homes and domiciliary care providers in an area and inspection reports.

Tel: 0345 600 9527

Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Independent regulator of health and social care services in England, including NHS and private hospitals and home care agencies. Can provide lists of care homes in an area, care home inspection reports and hospital performance ratings.

Tel: 0300 061 6161

Carers Direct
Helpline offering help and support to carers.

Tel: 0300 123 1053 (England only)

Carers Berkshire
Provides advice, information and support for carers in Berkshire

Tel: 020 7378 4999

Carers Trust
Offers practical help and assistance to carers.

Tel: 01753 525796 (Slough)
Tel: 0118 3247333 (Berkshire)

Centre for Independent Living Slough
Promotes independent living for disabled people in Northern Ireland, and provides support with using direct payments.

Tel: –

Commissioner for Older People in Slough
Can help with complaints about public services or cases affecting the rights of older people.

Tel: 01753 692535

Crossroads Care Slough
Offers practical help and assistance to carers.

Tel: 028 9181 4455

Disability Rights UK
Provides information and training on direct payments and independent living. Includes the RADAR national key scheme, allowing disabled people to access locked public toilets.

Tel: 0330 995 0400 (general enquiries)
Tel: 0330 995 0404 (personal budgets helpline)

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)
Aims to help older people make informed choices about meeting their housing and care needs.

Tel: 020 7820 1343

Independent Age
Provides advice and information for older people, their families and carers.

Tel: 0800 319 6789

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Investigates complaints about councils and organisations including adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). Provides a complaints service for selffunding care home residents.

Tel: 0300 061 0614

In Berkshire, contact Public Services Ombudsman for Berkshire

Tel: 01635 519441

In Slough, contact check the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman in Slough 

Older People’s Commissioner for Slough
Promotes the rights and welfare of older people in Wales and supports those making a formal complaint.

Tel: –

Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) Independent body responsible for monitoring and inspecting the availability and quality of health and social care services in Northern Ireland.

Tel: 028 9051 7500

Relatives and Residents Association
Supports care home residents and their relatives. Has a helpline and a network of groups in England and Wales.

Tel: 020 7359 8136

Royal Voluntary Service
Operates UK wide and offers a range of services, including home visits, help with shopping and other tasks, community transport, meals delivered to the home, and social clubs.

Tel: 0845 608 0122

National charity offering support, information and advice to help disabled people have the same rights as everyone else.

Tel: 0808 800 3333

TSA (Telecare Services Association)
Regulates telecare and telehealth services. Provides information about telecare, such as personal alarms.

Tel: 01625 520 320


These organizations offer a wealth of information on health, from healthy living to health conditions.

Age UK
We publish resources on health services, healthy living, and common health conditions, including our information guides At home with dementia, Bladder and bowel problems, Healthy living, Living with early-stage dementia, Staying steady and Your hospital stay. Age Slough and Berkshire produce guides specific to their nations.

Tel: 01753 822 890

Action on Hearing Loss
Provides advice and support for people with hearing loss through its information line, tinnitus helpline, and range of factsheets.
Tel: 0808 808 0123
Textphone: 0808 808 9000
Tinnitus helpline: 0808 808 6666

In Slough, contact:
Tel: 0808 808 0123

Addiction Slough
Provides treatment and support for alcohol and drug addiction to people aged 55 and over in Slough.

Tel: 0808 278 8910

Alcohol Concern
Campaigns to reduce the harm caused by alcohol. Gives advice, support, and information about local services.

Tel: 020 3907 8480

Alzheimer’s Society
Offers advice, information, and support to people with dementia, their families and carers through its helpline and local offices.
Tel: 0300 222 1122

Arthritis Care
It offers information and support for people with arthritis and has a network of branches and groups.

Tel: 0808 800 4050

Aware Slough
Provides support groups, helpline services and information for people in Northern Ireland affected by depression and bipolar disorder.

Tel: 0300 365 0300
Aware in Slough 

Bladder & Bowel Community
It provides information and support for people living with bladder and bowel control problems.

Tel: 01926 357 220

British Heart Foundation
It provides information and support for people with heart disease.
Tel: 0300 330 3311

Community Advice and Listening Line (C.A.L.L.)
Offers confidential support and information to people in Wales who are concerned about their mental health or that of a relative or friend.

Tel: 0800 132 737 (or text ‘help’ to 81066)

Deafblind UK
The national charity for people who are deafblind or have combined sight and hearing loss. They offer information, practical advice, support, home visits and befriending.

Tel/Textphone: 01733 358100

Diabetes UK
Provides information, support and services to help people manage their diabetes.

Tel: 0345 123 2399

Healthcare Inspectorate Slough
The independent inspector and regulator of NHS healthcare and independent healthcare organizations in Slough.

Tel: –

Healthwatch England
A local Healthwatch is an independent organization whose staff listen to and share your views to make local services better. It can put you in touch with your local NHS Complaints Advocacy service.

Tel: 0300 068 3000

In Berkshire, contact your Community Health Council (CHC). CHCs are a statutory and independent voice in health services in Wales, which work to improve the quality of local health services. Each CHC runs a Complaints Advocacy Service.

Lifeline Slough
Crisis response helpline service for people in Slough who are experiencing distress or despair.

Tel: 0344 515 1380

Macmillan Cancer Support
Provides practical, medical and financial support for people living with cancer.

Tel: 0808 808 0000

Produces information on mental health issues and gives details of local support services in England and Slough.

Tel: 0300 123 3393 (or text 86463)

National Osteoporosis Society
Gives support and information to people with osteoporosis.

Tel: 0808 800 0035

NHS 111
24-hour helpline in England for advice on urgent but non-lifethreatening symptoms.


NHS Choices

Provides information about local NHS services in England and information and advice on a range of health conditions and keeping healthy.

NHS Smokefree
For information on stopping smoking and details of support.

Tel: 0300 123 1044

In Berkshire and Slough, text QUIT to 6677
Tel: 0800 622 6360

Berkshire Chest Heart and Stroke
Provides support services and advice on healthy living for people with respiratory, cardiac and stroke related issues.

Tel: 0795 684 8986

Parkinson’s UK
Provides information and support to people with Parkinson’s and their families through a helpline staffed by nurses and a network of local support groups.

Tel: 0808 800 0303

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
The Ombudsman can investigate complaints after patients have been through the NHS complaints process and haven’t been able to resolve the matter.

Tel: 0345 015 4033
Textphone: 0300 061 4298

In Slough, contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Slough 

Tel: 0300 061 0614

Patient and Client Council
Helps those in Northern Ireland to make a complaint on aspects of health and social care.

Tel: 0800 917 0222

The Patients Association
National healthcare charity that gives patients the opportunity to raise concerns and share experiences.

Tel: 020 8423 8999

Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
It provides practical and emotional support to people who are visually impaired or blind. It can also give details of local sight loss support organizations.

Tel: 0303 123 9999

Provides confidential, emotional support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to those experiencing despair, distress or suicidal feelings.
Tel: 116 123

Stroke Association
Provides information, support and local services to people affected by stroke.

Tel: 0303 303 3100

Slough Drug and Alcohol Helpline
A free, bilingual helpline in Slough providing advice on drug and alcohol issues. Advisers are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

Tel: 0800 880 3153
Text: 07712 707 999

Employment and rights at work

There are many services offering advice on employment – from how to find work or training, to information on your rights at work.

Age UK
We have information on employment issues on our website, including tips on how to make the most of your CV and advice on dealing with disputes at work.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas)
Provides information and advice on rights at work and help with resolving employment disputes.

Tel: 0300 123 1100

Business Slough
It helps people in Slough to start and grow a business.

Tel: –
Official UK government website. Includes information about redundancy, setting up a business, retirement and employment rights.

Tel: 0300 456 3565 (business support helpline)
Textphone: 0191 581 0052

Jobcentre Plus
Provides help with finding a job, as well as information on benefits, loans, and grants.

Tel: 0345 606 0234 (to search for a job)
Textphone: 0345 605 5255

Labour Relations Agency (Slough)
Provides advice and information on employment matters in Slough and can assist with disputes or mediation.

Tel: 008 0083 21554

National Careers Service
Provides a free service offering face-to-face help and support on training, learning and work to people in England.

Tel: 0800 100 900
Textphone: 0800 0968 336

National Careers Service
Provides a free service offering face-to-face help and support on training, learning and work to people in England.

Tel: 0800 100 900
Textphone: 0800 0968 336

In Slough, contact Careers Slough
Tel: —

Slough Direct
Gives information on employment rights and help to find work, change career or become self-employed in Slough.


PRIME Slough (The Prince’s Initiative for Mature Enterprise in Slough)
Provides support and mentoring to older people in Slough who want to stay economically active.

Tel: —-

Leisure and learning

There are lots of leisure and learning opportunities throughout the UK to help us get the most out of life.

Age UK
Age UK has friendship centers across England and Wales. They organize activities, which may include lunches, walks, outings, bowling and more. They can be a great way to meet like-minded people. Visit social-groups/friendship-centers or call to find out more.

Tel: 0800 169 65 65

Cinnamon Trust
Specialist charity for older people who aren’t able to care for their pets. Arranges for volunteers to care for pets.

Tel: 01736 757 900

Contact the Elderly
Organizes Sunday afternoon tea parties for small groups of older people, aged 75 and over, who live alone.

Tel: 0800 716 543

Gentle exercise-to-music classes for older and disabled people.
Tel: 01582 832 760

Britain’s biggest walking charity, with groups across the UK.

Tel: 020 7339 8500

Society of Genealogists
Offers research material, guidance, and support for people interested in family history.
Tel: 020 7251 8799

It provides information and guidance on how to make gardening easier and more enjoyable.

Tel: 0118 988 5688

University of the Third Age (U3A)

A network of local groups of people in later life who organize informal learning. It also provides online courses.

Tel: 020 8466 6139

In Slough, contact U3A Slough

Volunteer Now
Provides information about volunteering opportunities in Slough.

Tel: 028 9023 2020

Volunteering Berkshire
Offers information and advice on volunteering opportunities.

Tel: 0118 959 4242

Scroll to Top